This website contains information about the activities of the MPI Forum, which is the standardization forum for the Message Passing Interface (MPI). You may find standard documents, information about the activities of the MPI forum, and links to comment on the MPI Document using the navigation at the top of the page.
The MPI Forum is currently pursuing at least one future version of the MPI Standard:
- MPI 4.2: A standard update following MPI 4.1 with smaller features
- MPI 5.0: A standard update following MPI 4.1 with major new features
More details can be found in the respective sections.
MPI 4.1 Standard
The MPI Forum has released a new version of MPI on November 2, 2023. This version is available here:
Comments on the MPI 4.1 should be sent to the MPI Comments mailing list.
Use this BiBTeX File to cite the MPI 4.1 Standard.
MPI 4.0 Standard
The MPI Forum has released a new version of MPI on June 9, 2021. This version is available here:
Comments on the MPI 4.0 should be sent to the MPI Comments mailing list.
Use this BiBTeX File to cite the MPI 4.0 Standard.
BoF at ISC 22, May 31st, 2022
EuroMPI will be held in September 2022 in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- More information at https://sites.google.com/view/eurompiusa2022 (NOTE, NEW DATES)
- Abstracts Submission Deadline: May 16, 2022 (AOE)
- Full Paper Submission Deadline: May 23, 2022 (AOE)
- Short Papers and Position Papers: June 13, 2022 (AOE)
- Poster Prospectuses: July 11, 2022 (AOE)
BoF at SC 21, Nov. 17, 2021
BoF at ISC 21, June, 2021
BoF at SC 20, Nov. 18, 2020
The MPI Forum BoF took place on Wednesday November 18th, 2020 at 10am Eastern US time.
Registration to attend BoFs is free and a recording of the session including Q&A will be available for 6 months after the event if registration is done by mid-December.
BoF at ISC 19, Jun. 19th, 2019
Presentation from the MPI Forum BoF Session at ISC 19:
BoF at SC 18, Nov. 14th, 2018
Presentations from the MPI Forum BoF Session at SC 18:
- Introduction (including MPI 3.1 implentation update
- Error Management
- MPI_T Events Interface
- One Sided Communication
- Persistence and Large Count
- MPI Sessions (based on a presentation for the PMIx BoF)
MPI Forum Officers
- Chair: Martin Schulz, TUM/LRZ, Germany
- Secretary: Wes Bland, Meta, USA
- Treasurer: Brian Smith, Cornelis Networks, USA
- Document Editor: Bill Gropp, NCSA/UIUC
- Martin Schulz, MPI 4.1
- Martin Schulz, MPI 4.0
- Martin Schulz, MPI 3.1
- Richard Graham, MPI 3.0
- Bill Gropp, MPI 2.2
- Rolf Rabenseifner, MPI 2.1
- Jack Dongarra
- Al Geist
- Richard Graham
- Bill Gropp
- Andrew Lumsdaine
- Ewing Lusk
- Rolf Rabenseifner