MPI 2.1 Web Page
Welcome to MPI 2.1!
This web page contains links and information about the MPI 2.1 activities.
MPI is the Message-Passing Interface, a community standard for
programming parallel computers. Two versions of MPI have been
produced and may be found at the official
MPI Forum Web Site.
The primary activity for MPI 2.1 is addressing any ambiquities or
inconsistencies in the MPI standards.
Rules and Procedures
Here is a reminder of the traditional MPI voting rules, which have
served us well. These rules have been extended to the email
discussion of MPI erratas and have been applied to the errata
ballots. We expect to adapt these rules, preserving their spirit, as
we go forward.
- One vote per organization
- To vote, an organization must have been present at the last two
MPI Forum meetings.
- Votes are taken twice, at separate meetings. Votes are preceded
by a reading at an earlier meeting, to familiarize everyone with the
- Measures pass on a simple majority.
- Only items consistent with the charter can be considered.