I think we could use to define some error codes. I welcome
Here are the major changes:
- The GR text is modified. It address the question of what the
callbacks return and when they are called. The free_fn is now called
after mark_complete. You get the last error code if multiple
callbacks return errors. The NULL default callbacks are removed. GR
are now a derived subclass of requests in C++. The example still
needs some work.
- allowed naming on windows and datatypes. names returned are now
copies not pointers to MPI versions in C and C++.
- added ability to call error hander on windows in 7.5. Combined
warnings about recursive calls for all 3 types.
- For decoding a datatype (old 7.5.1, now 7.6): added decoder for
RESIZED. Added oldtype to most combiner descriptions since missing
this IN argument to constructors. Changed combiner returned for
constructors with address arguments so can now tell if may have
truncated input. Renamed all combiners to include _COMBINER in name.
Missing new combiner for F90 routine voted in at last meeting -
waiting for the text. Clarified the attributes and committed state of
the returned datatypes.
- added argc, argv to thread init calls (old 7.6.3, new 7.7.3) in C
and optional in C++. Use QUERY_THREAD as method accepted instead of
the THREAD_INITIALIZED. This was the alternative in old text.
Small changes are:
- status is a pointer in C bindings in 7.3. Also made name CANCELLED
instead of CANCEL.
- rearranged order of text in 7.4 so get & set text after calls.
- made IN string a const in C for functions in 7.5. Also changed
names so not ERROR_HANDLER but now ERRHANDLER.
- renamed thread initialization routines (old 7.6.3, new 7.7.3).
- fixed language neutral bindings for provided in thread section so
integer not status.
- rename PUT routines to SET for attribute caching (old 7.7, new
7.8). Also added attr to copy and delete callback functions. Made
callback names have attr in them.