new version of chapter ready
Steve Huss-Lederman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 10:05:52 -0600 (CST)
I have place a new verson of the external interfaces chapter at
ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mpi2/ei-970316.ps. It has many changes
since the last version and I am certain I have introduced mistakes. I
would be very pleased for people to read it and give me feedback.
This chapter will be released to the full forum with the document
release on Wendesday, March 19. The major changes are:
- There is only one version of generalized requests. It was version 1
in the previous draft.
- The datatype decoding functions were redone and generalized.
- The section on identifying requests was removed.
- Threads section redone. (same as Marc's release)
- Added ability to cache on MPI\_WIN and made key freeing calls
unique for each type of handle.
- I added/changed lots of C++ bindings. People who know the
correct syntax should carefully check these.